Areas of Focus
- Contributing to national agenda relating to criminal justice policy and legal policy
- Corresponding to KICJ's management goals and promotional strategies
- Urgent need of research based on the importance of the subject and contents of a research project considering its timeliness and level of contribution
Practices of Criminal Legislation and Legislative Evaluation of Key Criminal Law Policies (III) –Evaluating and Supporting 2023 Criminal Legislation
- Since the goal of criminal legislation is to prevent crime, it has to be effective in terms of the benefit and protection of law, and at the same time, human rights protection should be considered seriously to ensure that the essential part of fundamental rights is not infringed.
- Supporting the legislation process, before, during and after the process would increase the quality of criminal legislation, decrease its cost, and enhance its effectiveness.
- Also establishing a data base focusing in criminal law would improve the effectiveness of the criminal legislation process as well as research on legislation policy.
A study on Dataset Construction on Trends and Patterns in Major Crimes (III): Fraud Crime
- Systemize the research framework on 6 major crimes, and establish a data base ensuring the approach by the public.
- Analyze the forms and characteristics of fraud crime and criminals through diverse methods, including official statistics, analysis of investigation and adjudication records, and interviews.
- Provide basic data for policy-making by analyzing pending issues.
Legal Policy Survey and Research (II) –
- This project is to provide fundamental data and pursue policy alternatives in order to assist legal policy based on evidence, regarding diverse legal policy issues, such as private law, commercial law, international law, legal professionals and law market.
- This project includes studies on: foreigners policy, regulating the metaverse, regulating open market, encouraging start-ups, anti-discrimination law, recognition model of Koreans concerning legal fairness, etc.
A Study on Child Abuse Prevention and Abused Child Protection: Support Policies Based on the Occurrence Structure of Child Abuse (II) – Focusing on Child Abuse in Childcare Institutions
- Since it is anticipated that child abuse would increase due to COVID-19, analyzing the real condition of child abuse, punishment situation and its cause, and reviewing foreign policies and institutional actions is essential. This would lead to provision of basic data to form child abuse prevention scheme and reform current systems including abused-child’s protection and support system.
- Child abuse occurring at households and daycare centers or kindergartens sharply differs in terms of its structure, cause and responding actions. Thus while last year’s study concentrated on child abuse at households, this study focuses on daycare centers and kindergartens, to provide deeper analysis and distinct improvement plan.